Representing People in DWI and other Criminal Matters
Former Harris County Assistant District Attorney, Kurt S. Hopke, has handled thousands of DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) cases. He knows exactly how prosecutors, police officers and juries think. He can anticipate their moves and defend you against the limitless resources of the state. As a prosecutor, Attorney Hopke went up against many of the top defense attorneys in Houston and won, learning all of their tricks and techniques along the way. Attorney Hopke has gained knowledge from all sides of DWI law and will craft the best possible defense available to you. Attorney Hopke is a masterful negotiator and a fearless trial attorney.
Unlike other offenses, where an expunction or record sealing may remove the offense from a person’s criminal record, a DWI conviction remains on your record for life. This may affect your insurance rates, your driving privileges, and the severity of criminal charges you may face in the future. It is therefore crucial that you hire an experienced criminal defense attorney to defend you against these criminal charges. While many other lawyers will take the first plea deal they are offered, Criminal Defense Attorney Kurt S. Hopke believes a plea deal should be a last resort and will seek either a dismissal of charges or victory at trial. If a plea deal is in your best interest, Attorney Hopke will negotiate the best possible deal for you. You need an experienced insider who is willing to work hard to get you the results you need.
Our law office offers flat rate fees and payment plans.
Your license may be at risk of suspension. If you refuse a breath test or your test results come back over the legal limit, the license suspension is AUTOMATIC … UNLESS you request a hearing on the issue, in writing, WITHIN FIFTEEN (15) DAYS of your arrest. If a hearing has not been timely requested in the state of Texas, the suspension will automatically begin on the fortieth (40th) day after notice was received. If a hearing is requested, NO ACTION will be taken regarding suspension until after the hearing and all appeals have occurred. Call Criminal Defense Attorney Kurt S. Hopke in Houston immediately for assistance if you think your license is at risk- 832-457-8702.
Criminal Defense Attorney Kurt S. Hopke’s Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) practice involves representing people charged with the following:
- First Time DWI Offender: As a Class B Misdemeanor, you can face up to a $2000 fine, three to 180 days in jail, and a license suspension of 90 days to one year upon conviction.
- Second Time DWI Offender: As a Class A Misdemeanor, you can face up to a $4000 fine, 30 days to one year in jail, and a license suspension of 180 days to two years upon conviction.
- Third Time DWI Offender: As a third degree felony, you can face up to a $10,000 fine, 2 to 10 years of commitment, and a license suspension of 180 days to two years upon conviction.
- Driving While Intoxicated with a Child Passenger: As a State Jail Felony (even on the very first offense) you can face up to a $10,000 fine, six months to 2 years commitment in a State Jail Facility (day for day), and a license suspension of 180 days to two years upon conviction.
- Intoxication Assault: If you were in an accident that causes serious bodily injuries, and was proximately caused by your intoxication, you can be charged with a third degree felony, you can face up to a $10,000 fine, 2 to 10 years of commitment, and a license suspension of 180 days to two years upon conviction.
- Intoxication Manslaughter: If you were in an accident that causes death, and was proximately caused by your intoxication, you can face a fine of up to $10,000, 2 to 20 years of confinement, and a license suspension of 180 to two years upon conviction.
- Minors and Alcohol: I also represent people involved in other alcohol related offenses, such as minors driving under the influence, selling alcohol to a minor, public intoxication, underage consumption and other liquor violations.
Remember also that unlike other crimes, there is no option for Deferred Adjudication, and even a sentence resulting in Probation will be on your criminal history forever. That is why you need to hire an experienced, hard-working Criminal Defense Attorney to defend your rights.
Contact Criminal Defense Attorney Kurt S. Hopke today for a FREE Case Evaluation. Calling 832-457-8702 can save your license and keep your record clear.cialis 5 mghttps://joostrap.com/wordpress-plugins/wpforms-pro-nulled-v1-7-1-2-drag-drop-wordpress-forms-plugin%%ef%%bf%%bc/nulled php